Vacancy: Container Traffic Employee / Elkem Maritime Center
Elkem is one of the world’s leading companies for environment-friendly production of materials. Its principal products are solar grade silicon, silicon, special alloys for the foundry industry, carbon and microsilica.
Elkem Maritime Center (EMC) is part of Elkem and co-located with other Elkem functions in Ridderkerk outside Rotterdam. The responsibilities of EMC are mainly concentrated around Maritime Logistics such a:
- Contracting of sea freight in containers for outbound material from plants and warehouses to end users
- Contracting of sea freight for inbound material in bulk vessels, or in containers to plants and/or end users
We are looking for a new colleague (replacement) to strengthen our existing team with tasks related to container traffic management. The department consists today of totally 6 employees, and the subject position will report to Managing Director, EMC.
The most important tasks will be:
- Contribute in tender- & spot rate request world wide
- Contract negotiations.
- To ensure that all of the container freight rates are entered and maintained correctly in the appropriate systems, according to legal and company standards as well as quality and cost aspects.
- Ensure/ contribute to compliance with Elkem´s quality system and assist in keeping procedures updated.
- Ensure/ contribute to that supplier feedback is registered and followed up.
- Registering supplier & transport related non-conformances in Elkem’s quality system
- Maintaining & updating the supplier rate database
- Maintain & update master data in Elkem’s ERP system
- Providing user support for Elkem’s ERP system
- Providing daily assistance for the different divisions on container logistics issues/questions
- Advise best logistics solution, find best sailing schedule, check empty equipment availability
- Track & trace shipments, look for alternatives when delays occur
- Meetings with shipping related companies and also with the internal customers at the Elkem Plants
- Searching the market for possible new suppliers/partners, building relationships
- Assist in organizing Supplier review meetings In close contact with the finance department (to check on incorrect and incomplete invoices)
We need an all-rounder who is taking on operational and administrative tasks as well as commercial work and we are looking for the following qualifications:
- Fluent spoken and written English, preferably also Dutch.
- High competence in the use of computers, including Excel, Word and Powerpoint and use of tender/ analytical tools.
- Experience and understanding of the dynamics of the global & regional container market
- Good team player
- Good communicator
- Analytical with attention to details
- Commercial skills
- Knowledge of IMO regulations
- Flexible and responsible attitude
- Long term ambitions.
- Some travelling is expected and required
- Some education in Finance and/or Economics
Place: Rotterdam area (Ridderkerk), The Netherlands
Employment: Full-time, 38,75 hrs per week.
Start of employment: ASAP
We require min. 3 years working experience with international exposure, preferably at a container carrier or forwarder. For more information about this position, please contact Ellen Aarvaag Groeneveld, telephone: +31 180 44 11 80 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.